August 16, 2014

Summer Is Ending

The pictures are newest to oldest, but this is some of what has been happening during summer vacation this year.  It has been oodles of fun, but I will be glad when school starts and we can get back to a regular schedule.

No photo - today we woke up to Freyja, Jordan and the Barbies covered in strawberry chapstick. Oy!

We woke up to painted water bottles.

Tree frog hunt in Canada.


Happy at the beginning of the tree frog hunt.  When we came back, Jon saw three snakes.  Oy, again.  Then at night when the girls were getting ready for bed, Jordan spotted a spider at the house we were staying in and Freyja's response was, "leave it Jordan, spiders are nice."  I didn't think anything of it, since there are so many spindly spiders.  The next morning when we were getting ready to leave, I went into the bathroom and there was the spider Freyja mentioned the night before.  IT WAS HUGE and ORANGE!!  YUCK!  I, of course, killed it and Freyja said, "was it the orange one?"  I told her no.  Good mom, right :)


Two weeks (10 days) of swim lessons.  The girls loved it! 

Chalk painting - Thank you Pinterest!


A walk in the rain.  It was about 73 degrees but it was a heavy summer rain.
Vacation Bible School at our church - Freyja loved this and so did I for a whole week!  She came home singing all the praise songs, but for $20, I'll take it.
Family walk.  During this VERY flat walk, Jordan wasn't the happiest hiker in the crew.  Then, today we went on another hike with hills and she did great!  I can't believe she will be 3 on Wednesday.

Huckleberry picking.
Growing green beans and peas (not pictured).
 Aw, the life!
Sister love at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment