First, I just want to say that our hearts go out to all the parents who lost their beloved children in Connecticut. Reading the news stories brought tears to my eyes and we are so thankful for each and every day we have with our children.
Is this year really almost over? My goodness. My entire life I have heard people say, "Time flies as you get older." Well, I have no doubt about that now. I cannot believe Jordan is almost 16 months old. Thinking back to where I was a year ago with a 4 month old and a 2 year old, it seems like the baby stage went by so much faster this time. We even kept up with all the activities we were and are still involved in.
2012 Highlights:
-Sledding and 14" of snow
-Art class and project
-Meals, snacks, nursing, bottles, diapers, and baths
-Nature Babies - exploring water, trees/plants, berries, bugs, and birds
-Gymnastics
-Dance class
-Playdates
-Library - singing songs and reading throughout the week
-Church
-Jordan's Baptism
-Freyja telling Jon about her day at dinner each night
-Entering the "I want to help with anything and everything" phase
-Entering the "Why" phase
-Science Experiments
-Trying to capture and enjoy the moments of Jordan growing in her first year.
-Trying to enjoy the capabilities and joy of learning through Freyja's eyes: potato bugs, knowing where everything is and where we have gone, picking up sushi with dad, she loves Chinese food, entering the world of dress-up and make-believe, berry picking, her own camera to take pictures with, track meet, farm camp, learning how to play board games, and cider making.
-Watching the development of the sisterly bond, which is amazing. Listening to the laughter of them playing together; even hearing the yelling when one takes something away from the other. The newest event for the girls is sharing a room - so far, so good.
-Family days spent together - visiting our local estuary, parks, aquarium, and BBQs
-Playing at parks - Jordan couldn't do much more than swing and now is climbing up with the big kids.
-Time for being silly - wearing napkins on our heads (which strangely enough Freyja mentioned this evening), and wearing mommy's high heels.
-Becoming potty trained even though I wasn't ready. I thought it was going to be this overwhelming task that I just wasn't willing to embark on yet. But when it happened, it just happened. She decided not to wear diapers anymore and that was it. No accidents. Wha-Who!
-Grandparent visits - the zoo, Fourth of July, birthdays
Some of my favorite sayings over the year from Freyja:
-Up Light - to request turning a light on
-Happy New Year Papa Terry
-Thank you for this delicious meal mommy
-Leo's my best friend because he knows my name
-I don't know what to tell you
We have much to be grateful for and I try to appreciate it.




No comments:
Post a Comment